Kantine's Sprouted Rye Bread
Rye bread is a staple in the Scandinavian kitchen. We bake our own sprouted version at Kantine where we also sell them as loafs. You can also find our sprouted version at these wonderful stores (pssst, look for the Kantine "K" on the label) :
* Good Eggs, delivered to your door from the Good Eggs central market. If you are a first time GE customer, use the fancy "Kantine" promo code to get $20 off your order or just follow this link. And share the code with your friends and family, too.
** Instacart, online grocery delivery, direct from many of the stores listed above.
The nitty gritty:
- Ingredients: sprouted rye berries,* rye flour,* wheat flour,* malt syrup, malted barley extract,* sunflower seeds,* flax seeds,* pumpkin seeds,* sesame seeds,* salt, buttermilk (* = organic).
- The bread is naturally leavened with a sourdough starter - no added commercial yeast.
- Common allergens include wheat, milk and sesame.
- Wholesome ingredients keep this bread fresh at room temperature for a few days or for over two weeks in the refrigerator. We like to give it a quick toast, if it has been refrigerated.
- The packaged unsliced bread is sold in 17oz. chunks.
- We suggest cutting the bread into thin slices and topping it with cured fish, sliced meat, cheese, fried egg or avocado. Or try giving it quick toast or a slather of good butter and honey!