About Our Sprouted Rye Bread
Rye bread is a staple in the Scandinavian kitchen, so much so, that we just had to create our own version here in San Francisco. In 2016, we started selling it from our stand at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, and now it can be found at the following stores: (Pssst, just look for the Kantine "K" on the label.)
Bi-Rite Market, 3639 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110
Bi-Rite Market, 550 Divisadero St, CA 94117
Gus's Community Market, 2111 Harrison St, San Francisco, CA 94110
Haight Street Market, 1530 Haight St, San Francisco, CA 94117
Noriega Produce, 3821 Noriega St, San Francisco, CA 94122
Rainbow Grocery, 1745 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94103
Instacart, delivered from your local grocery store (Rainbow or Gus's) to your door.
Good Eggs, delivered from the Good Eggs central market to your door. If you are a first time customer, the good people at Good Eggs have provided us with a promo code - Kantine - that will take $20 off your first order (free bread!). Just use this link (and feel free to share with everyone you know).
Nitty gritty bread info:
- Ingredients: sprouted rye berries,* rye flour,* wheat flour,* malt syrup, malted barley extract,* sunflower seeds,* flax seeds,* pumpkin seeds,* sesame seeds,* salt, buttermilk (* = organic).
- Common allergens include wheat, milk and sesame.
- The bread is naturally leavened with a sourdough starter - no added commercial yeast.
- Wholesome ingredients keep this bread fresh on the countertop for a few days, and for over two weeks in the refrigerator.
- The bread is sold unsliced in 17oz. chunks.
- We like to cut the bread into thin slices and top it with cured fish, sliced meat, cheese, fried egg or avocado. Or try giving it a slather of good butter and honey!
Got a question? Email us at email@example.com